The UtilityMaster HIU
The UM2 UtilityMaster, shown here, provides an indirect primary interface to a heat network for up to 30kW load, and is designed to work in partnership with a hot water cylinder for DHW. The UM2 is fitted with two separately metered water supplies for drinking water and CWS. At only 590 x 390 x 165mm the unit is very compact, and lightweight, using a moulded EPP casing for insulation and structural strength, and voids within the casing are filled with further removable moulded insulation.
To manage utility supply the UM2 is fitted with:
- 2 x cold water meters with pulsed output
- Heat meter with M-Bus and 2 x pulse counters (for cold meters)
- Pressure independent control valve for up to 1.7m3/h fitted with thermo-electric actuator
- M-Bus relay for remote closure of control valve (prepay billing)
- Steel outer cladding with security bolts to the wall and cutouts for heat meter and water meter displays
Equipment fitted inside the UtilityMaster range is limited to the provision of heat and cold water, and as such it does not include the internal heating or DHW controls. These are left to the installer, and can be maintained separately without the need to access the UtilityMaster, or break any security seals.
- Network Primary Flow Connection 3/4"
- Network Primary Return Connection 3/4"
- Cold Water Services Supply 3/4"
- Drinking Water Services Supply 3/4"
- Cold Water Services Feed 3/4"
- Drinking Water Services Feed 3/4"
- Internal Primary Return 3/4"
- Internal Primary Flow 3/4"
- Plate Heat Exchanger
- AB-QM DN25 Pressure Independent Control Valve
- TWA-Z Actuator
- Test Points
- Cold Water Meter
- Drinking Water Meter
- Spare sensor point
- Heat Meter
- M-Bus Relay
- DIN Rail Wiring
- Spare sensor point on network primary return
- Spare external sensor point / drain point on network primary
- Spare sensor point on internal primary flow
- EPP Casing